Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, September 27, 2013

A Day At The Coast

This is one of the sea lions hanging out on the dock! They love
to close their eyes and put their faces up to get the sun! 
 Hi everyone! Here I am, still hanging out in Oregon! I am probably going to start heading home on Monday, having already extended my trip a week longer than I planned it for! On one hand I want to go home because I miss my dogs and the rest of my family... but on the other hand I keep putting it off because I know, once I'm home, that's it... my trip is over and it will be back to reality, whatever that may be!

We went up to the Oregon coast on Wednesday, my aunt and uncle and their dog Roo and I. We met my cousin and his new boyfriend up there. I was really excited about seeing my cousin, because we were really close as kids and I haven't seen him since two summers ago. But he can be a little aloof sometimes and I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with him... he and his new boyf only stayed a few hours. We had lunch at a seafood restaurant (I had shrimp and mashed potatoes and clam chowder!) and then we walked around in some of the stores (I loaded up on salt water taffy!) 

Also my aunt, and my cousin's boyfriend (lets just call him CB for the remainder of this post), and I, went to the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. I had never been to a Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum before, but I've always wanted to go. CB had been to similar museums when he was a kid but he wanted to see it again. My cousin and uncle didn't feel like going in though, so it was just the three of us. It was kind of cool. In the beginning it was a little lame... basically just the same stories I'd read before in Ripley's Believe It Or Not books, but with wax dummies to go with them. One of the coolest things was a screen that shows your body with all different colors... its hard to explain but its basically your silhouette with a bunch of different psychedelic colors and patterns flashing around it, and when you move or dance, so does the silhouette. The other coolest part is the room with all these stars, and when you walk in it feels like there are no walls, floors or ceiling... just you floating in all the stars!

My other favorite part was the sea lions that sunbathe on the docks. They are just wild sea lions who show up to hang out there. I think it is because the fishing boats pull in there, and the sea lions get all the fish remainders that the fishermen leave behind. 

Anyway after we were there for a while, my cousin and CB wanted to go do some other things like take a walk on the beach, and my aunt asked me if I wanted to go with them but I figured they wouldn't want me tagging along on a potentially romantic beach walk, so I had to say goodbye to my cousin.

Then the next day we took our time driving back to where my aunt and uncle live. We stopped at a bunch of beaches and walked around and let Roo run around. My uncle and I walked to a tide pool, where I got to touch a sea urchin and some other little sea creatures, and I got to hold a little snail in my hand! Actually it was big, as snails go. It was really cute! 

We also stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory! We got to watch cheese being made, and sample a whole bunch of different cheeses, and we also got ice cream. (Mine was Cake Batter flavor... so yummy!) 

Now I am back at my aunt and uncle's house! My uncle went out to meet a friend for coffee, and my aunt is still waking up (usually she goes to bed super early, like 7 pm, but last night me and her stayed up until about 2 am talking, so now she is really tired!) 

I think this is the most awesome trip I've ever taken. I wish it never had to end! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!