Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Stealing: Young At Heart:

I miss my AG Bear! He looked just like this! Until my puppy
chewed up his shirt.
 HI everyone! I am alarmed to announce that I slept until 4:30 pm today! Well actually I got up at 7 to take my dogs for a walk so they wouldn't peepee on the floor, and then I went back to bed and slept until noon, and then I went downstairs and fell asleep on the couch until 4:30. Not a very productive day. But I am not feeling so good... I'm really light headed and sort of feel like my body is tingling... like I'm about to disappear. So maybe I needed the sleep! Haven't eaten anything yet today either. For once in my life I am not hungry!
I am outside now blogging so that I can get some sunshine into my system before night time... hopefully I won't be wide awake all night now! The good news is that my neighbor kid (from the house with my Neighbor Lab) brought me some homemade cupcakes! DInner! LOL!

Anyways... 
It is time for another round of Sunday Stealing! This one was stolen from Lacey Eagle Bear. If you want to participate, you can just go over to the Sunday Stealing blog and link up! 

1. Are you a young heart or an old soul? I am a little of both! Sometimes I am pretty wise, and sometimes I feel like I'e lived a hundred years already. But I'm also young at heart because in many ways I think like a kid... I still love sweet things, bright colors, swingsets, rollercoasters, and stuffed animals!

2. What makes someone a best friend? Someone who understands you and cares about you as much as they would a sibling... and vice versa. 

3. What Christmas present do you remember the most? When I was about 8 I got an AG Bear. It was this teddy bear with a speaker in its back, only it didn't say real words like a Teddy Ruxpin. Instead whenever it "heard" a noise it would repeat it in a mumbling sound. I loved that bear like he was my child! My mom used to make me take the speaker out at night because the mumbling woke me up in the middle of the night. I still have him somewhere... but I think his speaker broke! 

4. Tell me a movie/song/TV show/playbook that has changed your life. Um, nothing like that has actually CHANGED MY LIFE! I guess I am not that easily effected by movies and songs and TV shows! 

5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one that you dislike. I like my eyes because they are a cool color... sort of brown in the inside and gold on the outside with little random flecks. I've always been told I had cool eyes. I do not like my face because I look like a potato! 

6. Can money buy happiness? Temporarily, maybe. 

7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical 


attraction or emotional connection? Emotional
 connection. If you don't have that, then the other person stops being physically attractive to you. Have you ever noticed that when you really love someone, they always look beautiful to you, even if other more neutral parties don't agree?

8. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust? Used to be several, but luckily they are not in my life anymore! 

9. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid? Probably our summer vacation spot in Wisconsin... it was, and still is, Heaven to me. I also loved Santa's Village, which was a little amusement park we used to go to a lot!

 
10. Have you spent a night in the hospital? I spent three weeks in the hospital when I was a teenager. But it wasn't a normal hospital. It was an adolescent mental health unit. Terrible place! 

11. Do you enjoy being only with 1-2 friends or with a large group of people? One or two friends. When I am with a large group of people I get overwhelmed and pretty much lost in the shuffle. 

12. Have you ever been bullied? I was bullied during a lot of my childhood, from fifth grade on through the middle of high school!


13. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage until having sex, would you stay in that relationship? Of course!

14. Do you believe in God? In my own way, I do. I don't follow any sort of organized religion. I feel like that is something personal between you and God, and no other humans can tell you who or what to believe. 

15. Out of all the social networks in the world why use a blog? It is my connection with the world. I can write more than a sentence at a time, and really put my heart into it, unlike having to stick to quick status updates. I can also learn more about other people and connect more with others, by reading their blogs. 

16. What is your quirkiest habit? I dunno... you tell me!

17. What is normal? Are you normal? Not really. No. 

18. Someone close to you is dying! You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years but if you do you cause the death of 10 strangers. What is this, the Book Of Questions? I guess I would let the other person choose. If they felt like they were desperate to live, in spite of the consequences, I would let them live. If they felt like they were ready to die, I would let them go. 

19. What is one thing you could never forgive? Someone hurting one of my pets! 


20. When you’re alone in your own home, do you talk out loud to yourself? Maybe not to myself, but I do talk all the time to my dogs. Because they are always home with me, I am never actually home alone.


21. Who is your favorite super hero? Do Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles count? 

22. Could you be in a long distance relationship? Sure. 

23. Do you know what makes you happy? My dogs  make me happy. Being with kind people makes me happy. Dr. Pepper makes me happy. 


24. Who was your first crush? A kid named Victor in my first grade class. I don't remember why! I barely ever talked with him... in fact now that I think of it, he was Hispanic, and didn't speak much English, and I didn't speak Spanish. So I would get my friends who were Hispanic girls to talk to him and tell me what he said! 


25. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat? I want to go to Rain Forest Cafe but nobody ever goes with me. Other than that, I love small family-run restaurants like the ones we sometimes eat at up in Wisconsin, such as Little Bohemia. 


26. Are you an early bird or night owl? Kinda both. I like being up early, and I like staying up late. It is the middle of the day that really wears me out! 

27. Give me an unpopular opinion you have. Many people feel that undocumented immigrants (aka illegal aliens) should be caught and immediately sent back. I feel like we should be a little more lenient. We are lucky to have been born in the United States. We should count our lucky stars that we were born with the right to be here. I just feel like it is not fair for us to keep others out just because they were born somewhere else! There are many people I know of who were born here as US citizens, whose famllies have been here for generations, who certainly don't "deserve" to be here. For instance, child molesters and animal torturers. How about we deport them, and let in anyone from other countries who is willing to obey the laws and work hard and not hurt anyone? That is an unpopular opinion and now I'd better duck. But that is what I believe. 

28. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?  I can see both sides... on one hand you don't want kids to feel that they are entitled to a trophy even if they didn't work hard, and on the other hand  you don't want to discourage kids who love the sport but are not as talented or physically coordinated as others. How about giving one kid from the team a small trophy after every game? Pick the kid who deserves it the most for that game. Make sure every kid gets the chance to get a trophy at some point in the season, but that it is for a reason that they can be really proud of, not just because they showed up.


29. What song best describes your life right now? Busted Heart, by Bishop Allen. Not the title necessarily... just the lyrics. 

30. How do you express your creativity? Writing or blogging. Obviously! 

31. Describe your neighborhood. Working class suburban neighborhood. Half of the houses were built in the 1920's -30's, and it used to be that the rest of them were built in the 50's-60's-870's... all moderately sized three bedroom houses, basically. Now there are a lot of larger, newer houses being built. Or people will just keep building huge additions on top of the already existing houses! 

32. Give me the story of your life in 6 words. Sometimes life rocks. Sometimes life sucks. 



Well, that was a pretty cool meme, or whatever these are called! 
And now for the Happiness Challenge. I am happy that I am feeling much better today and not so anxious or depressed. I am happy Emma brought me cupcakes. I am happy to be outside blogging with my dogs. I am happy that I will probably rent a Red Box movie later. I am happy that tomorrow I might o out for pizza with a Meetup group. I am happy that I watered all the flowers today and then I sprayed the air and saw a rainbow and then I put the hose on mist and sprayed it on myself to cool off. 

See ya tomorrow! 

2 comments :

  1. Testing, 1-2-3! Testing! How now, brown cow! Do you read me loud and clear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the emotional connection! That is what will keep you working together through tough times!

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!