Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Listen To This!

These are the people from Bishop Allen. I thought Bishop Allen
was just one person's name when I first heard of it. But it is a
whole band. Well, actually it is the name of a street in
New York, but the band is named after that street. Anyway you
should listen to their music!
Does anyone notice anything new about my blog?
If you look all the way to the very top of the page, you'll see a purple bar with a play button on it. I It is a playlist! On it, some of my recent favorite songs are playing!
Because I know that a lot of blog readers listen to their own music in the background and don't want to be accosted by someone else's music when they open a new blog, I fixed it so that it doesn't automatically play when you load the page. But if you want to hear some songs I've been listening to lately, just go up there and click on the "play" button!
Or if you want to see a list of the songs on there, and choose which one to listen to, click on the little musical note symbol in the top right hand corner.
This isn't an extensive list. Maybe I'll add more later. I really do like all different kinds of music, from all different genres.  My all time favorites have always been the Beatles and the Grateful Dead. But lately I've enjoyed discovering new music by listening to Pandora or Ex.fm,
One of my favorite groups as of late is Bishop Allen. I discovered them because of the song "Busted Heart," which is played at the very end of the documentary "Bully." I downloaded that song, and then I went on Spotify and listened to some more of their songs, and I didn't hear any that I didn't love! So I ended up getting a lot of their songs from iTunes. 
(I know, this post could be an advertisement for music websites! But its really just me browsing a lot of different music websites in my spare time so I can have new things to listen to.)
What are some of your favorite songs? Got any to recommend?

For my Happiness Challenge for today, I'm happy that I figured out a way to add this music player to my blog. When I was a kid, I used to imagine how cool it would be if you could listen to any song in the world that you wanted to hear, when you wanted to hear it, instead of having to wait and wait for the radio to play it. (I mean, obviously even back them you could buy the albums. But I mean, like, if you felt, "I really want to listen to <insert totally random song here>," you could listen to it right then even if you didn't already own the album. And now it is possible! So I am happy that modern technology has made music accessible everywhere! 
I am also happy that I figured out I could listen to Pandora while I drive, by hooking my phone up to my stereo. Neat trick!
Finally, I am happy that I took my dogs to the vet to get one of their nails cut. Not one nail. I mean one dog's nails cut. Lily (the small dog) just got her nails cut when she was groomed a while ago, but Trixie (the big dog) needed hers cut. I took her to the vet, but I brought Lily with because she's never been alone in the house without Trixie, so I didn't want her to freak out and poop on the floor! Both dogs were very good in the car. Because Lily always tries to sit in my lap while I'm driving (which is OK when I'm taking her two blocks away to where she gets groomed or where she boards when I'm on vacation, but not so OK when we are going on longer trips) so I have a harness thing that hooks up to the seat belt. It annoys her, but at least she knows it makes her get a car ride! Trixie sits on the seat like a normal person, so she doesn't neat a seat belt thing, although I do have one for her too. (But then I would have had to strap one dog into the back seat, and that felt kind of unfair!) It was a nice half hour of quality time for all of us. 
OK, I am so hungry I'm getting dizzy, so I'm going to go forage for something to eat. Have fun listening to my music!

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!