Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting Ready To Goooooooo!

Wee! I love plane rides! Except that I will be in the Economy
section, wedged in so tight I won't be able to breathe!
The Greyhound bus is actually WAY more comfortable. 
 I completely forgot to blog yesterday! I was somewhat distracted trying to plan out a journey I am about to embark on in a few weeks. 
You may or may not remember that, in May, my mom and I went to visit my brother and sister-in-law and their new baby, Squeak.  You may also remember that, weeks later, I was really upset about the fact that my parents were going to California and wouldn't let me come with.*
If you remember both of those things, thanks for being such an avid reader of my blog!
Anyway, I was really upset that I wasn't going to get to go see Squeak and be with my whole family. But the one thing about me is that I try really hard to find something positive in everything. I think I've written about that before... it is a survival mechanism for me. So anyway, I started figuring out my own trip to California.
I was planning on taking the Greyhound bus all the way out there, because when I used to go visit my brother years ago I took the Greyhound all the way. I really enjoyed it in some ways. In other ways, it sucked. But it is way less expensive than taking a plane. 
Then my brother pointed out that I could take a plane to the city nearest where he lives (San Francisco, to anyone who feels like stalking me) which isn't very expensive, and then take the Greyhound bus out to his small town, which would have been the more expensive leg of the plane trip. So I was going to do that.
Then my mom offered to pay half of my plane ticket if I fly all the way to Humboldt County. She didn't like the idea of my getting off the plane in San Francisco and trying to navigate public transportation in an unfamiliar city all by myself. So... if she two hundred and fifty dollars worth of doesn't want me to do it, then who am I to argue with her?
Also, my aunt and uncle and dog-cousin (the ones I got to spend time with over the summer) live in Vancouver and invited me to come visit them. So after spending some time with my bro and sis and Squeak, I will take the Greyhound bus to Vancouver and chill there for a few days. Finally, I will take the Amtrak train all the way back to Chicago. 
I will have covered just about every mode of transportation there is! All I need to do is take a boat ride some time during the trip! 
I am really excited because I'll get to see my west coast family members. On the other hand, I am nervous because I am not good at saying goodbye to people. This even includes saying a temporary goodbye to my parents when I set out on the trip! Worse yet, saying goodbye to my dogs! Especially Small Dog! I have never been away from Small Dog for more than a week, in her entire life. In fact, for the first year after I claimed her as my own dog (a story for another day, I promise) I never spent more than one night away from her... and when I did have to spend a night away, I was miserable! The only thing that made me start leaving her for a week to go on vacation with my family was because I found a really great boarding facility that I love and trust, and I know they treat Small Dog like their very own puppy when she is there. 
I guess this two weeks should be somewhat better than that, since instead of boarding, she'll just be staying home with my parents and Big Dog, so she'll be in her familiar place and she'll get to sleep in their bed (or under the bed) and her routine won't be any different, except for the part about me not being there. I feel like I'm leaving my baby behind! I wish I could call Small Dog on the phone, or send her a post card to let her know I'm thinking of her! 
Anyway, that isn't for a while, but when I do go, I will keep blogging, so you will get to read about my many exciting adventures traveling across the US. Aren't you looking forward to that? 
Happiness Challenge - I am happy that my unemployment has resulted in my getting the chance to go visit my family... it is the silver lining on the cloud! I am happy that I took my dogs for a long walk today, even though I mostly have to yank Small Dog along behind me because she is so lazy. (She's only 3 but she tries to act like she's 300 in dog years!) I am happy that I bought some chocolate chip cookies today. I am happy that I went shopping with my mom last night and got some new clothes, including some cool lavender jeans and a bright orange T-shirt. (I probably won't wear them at the same time... although you never know!)


*I know saying "come with" is considered bad grammar, but I am from Chicago and this is how I talk. Leave me alone, grammar police! Get your own blog! 

1 comment :

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!