Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fun Day!

This isn't me or my group, but this is a random picture of some other
people riding on innertubes down that same river. And those are the
same tubes. They have life jackets strapped on them. I guess
in case your innertube pops!
 Today was awesome! 
Remember yesterday I mentioned that I was going tubing on a river with some people from Meetup? Usually Meetup events go terribly awry for me. But today went great! Eight people went. We met at a coffee shop around where I live, and then we carpooled for the two hour trip up to the river. We tied our innertubes together with twine so we could all stay together in a cluster. 
The weather was great and we floated for three hours. The hardest part about tubing on a river is, you would expect it to be a calm and peaceful experience, like being on the Lazy River at a water park. But it isn't! Even though there was barely any current (just enough to keep us meandering along) the wind kept blowing us to one side or the other of the river, straight into the trees and bushes and weeds and stuff! We had to take turns jumping off the innertubes and pulling the others back to the middle of the river. I was wearing flipflops but they kept falling off my feet and floating away and I had to chase them, so finally I put them in this floating cooler thing that we had with us, and then I cut my foot on a rock. And I got kind of sunburned. But I had so much fun! I wished we could have stayed on the river forever!
Did I make friends? Kind of! I have trouble telling the difference between friends and acquaintances. Sometimes when someone is nice to me I think they are my friend, but they think they are my acquaintance. I rode in the car with three other people and I talked with them (well mostly they talked I guess) and I hung out with them and the four other people on the river all day and had a lot of fun with them... so I feel like they are my friends. But I guess really they're more like acquaintances because its not like they gave me their cell phone numbers and told me to text them or  anything!  
But the important thing was that I got to spend the day outside in the sunshine doing something I loved doing. And so, for today's Happiness Challenge, I am happy that I got to go floating today and I got to meet some new people and that I had so much fun! Today was the second best time I had all summer. 
(I wish I could have taken some pictures, but I couldn't bring a camera in the water because it would have gotten wet and ruined! So just try to imagine me tethered to a bunch of other people floating down a river on an innertube.)
Remember I have a new Facebook profile and page, so if you are on Facebook, feel free to Friend me or Like my page!

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!