Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Lovely Day For A Drive

I try to look for the positive side of things
 So... remember how I said I had a job interview today? The job interview was in a town about 45 minutes away from where I'm currently living. (Actually it would have taken a lot longer if I had actually been driving the speed limit, but around here, the speed limit on the highway is usually 55, I usually go at least 75, and lots of people are passing me! Although this may sound like reckless, dangerous driving, it is probably more dangerous to actually go the speed limit, because you'll either get rear-ended or get shot. But I digress...) 
I got all the way to the place where the interview was supposed to be. I got somewhat lost on the way because of the fact that I forgot the street it is on actually jogs, so you're driving on 24th St and then suddenly you're facing a WRONG WAY sign and you have to go over to the next block and... yeah. But because I had left myself plenty of time, just like they taught us in Work Program when I was in high school, I arrived a few minutes early anyway. I went in and signed in and waited for about fifteen minutes...
Then a lady came down and told me, "We were supposed to email you, but our email system isn't working today. We need to reschedule the interview for Thursday or Friday. We'll have to email you later to reschedule." 
Ugh! Aggravating! I even checked my email right before I left the house, just in case something like this happened, but of course there were no emails from them. I think the responsible thing for them to do would have been to call me, but I guess they didn't want to take the time to call everyone who was supposed to be interviewing today! But the thing that bugs me is that, if I had cancelled my appointment with them at the last minute without even notifying them, that would have been grounds for them to automatically not even consider hiring me.  Its the inequality that bothers me, the fact that they know they can do that to people and that we can't even complain because we (me and everyone else who might have had an interview that day) are desperate for jobs. 
That is my gripe for the day. Now I'll move on to the Happiness Challenge part. 
I am happy that I got my new car stereo installed a few months ago, so now when I am faced with long drives like that, I can actually enjoy the ride by listening to my iPod. My car becomes a traveling music machine! It works best when you are driving alone, because you can turn up the volume as loud as you want and play anything you want. 
I am happy that I got to bring my computer outside in the sunshine for a while so my dogs could play outside. I'm happy that I managed to figure out how to download the driver thingy to get my computer to recognize a network printer. I'm happy that when my small dog poops on the floor (WHICH SHE DID TWICE THIS WEEK EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS BEEN HOUSETRAINED FOR YEARS... WHAT IS UP WITH YOU, SMALL DOG?) she still has a secure place to live here, because even though my mom is mean and makes a stink about some stuff, she would never make me get rid of a pet, whereas the people who owned my small dog before me did get rid of her for similar reasons. (But she was a puppy then and she's 3 years old and housetrained now, so why is she regressing? I'm a little worried!)
I posted something about my job interview situation on Facebook, noting that at least I got to enjoy the drive with my music, and my neighbor commented to me that I'm one of the most positive people she knows. Although I know some would disagree with her, I felt happy she said that, because I definitely do try to look for the positive sides of things! Even when I complain about something, I am also trying to find something good about it, some reason to feel better. I guess its sort of a survival skill I've learned to help myself combat depression. Because when I start to get sad or angry, I can spiral downward fast until I am a weeping puddle on the floor. So my fear of getting sad or angry causes me to try to find the good side... like, I don't want to leave Wisconsin and say goodbye to my aunt and uncle and dog-cousin, but at least I will get to see my own dogs again! And I am sad about not having a job right now, but if I don't get a teaching job by fall, at least I can go visit my brother! 
I'm not sure I'm even making sense right now, so I think I will sign out until tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!