Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Unlucky 13 Meme

 Because my life is a little dull and I don't have much to write about lately, I decided to do this fun meme from Sunday Stealing.  Each week they steal a meme from another site. The meme for this week is The Unlucky 13 Meme! Visit Sunday Stealing if you want to join in!

1. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/school/a day or night out?
Usually about an hour, including a quick shower, making  my lunch for the day, and making and eating breakfast. 

2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be?
How do you get your ideas for all of the little moments of the story? I love to write, but I have trouble filling in the little moments; my mind tends to be looking at the big picture instead of the small details!

3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up?
Kids don't really get a lot of choices in life. They have to deal with whatever the adults in their world hand to them. This could mean anything from having to practice a religion that doesn't make sense to them, to having to go to a school where they are bullied, to being subjected to child abuse or having to take over for a parent who has an addiction. If something is wrong in their life, they don't have many ways to change it... they have to rely on adults.

4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character?
I don't really have a favorite celebrity or fictional character right now, but I'd probably prefer to be the fictional character.

5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger?

Total stranger, because then I never have to see them again and be embarrassed or feel awkward!

 6. Do you get jealous easily? If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most likely to be jealous of?

Not really. If I do get jealous it is usually of a person's belonging to a community, such as a person having a lot of close friends or a really tight family, or a person living in a town where everyone looks after each other. 

7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now?

Ten years into the future, because I am curious to see what happens. There is nothing much I can do for the "me" that existed ten years ago! 

8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today?

LOL, I've been talking about this a lot lately due to recent events! Yes, I was bullied as a child. I think it shaped me by taking away my confidence. I always had trouble with social skills, but because I was bullied, I learned to not even try to interact with others, and as a result my social skills have not improved a whole lot. When I am uncomfortable, I can't speak at all... it is like the cat got my tongue. When I am comfortable, I am likely to blurt out stupid things that make people look at me funny, and I end up mentally yelling at myself, "Don't talk, just don't talk!" 

9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime?

My fear of death or of others dying. 

10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to?

I don't know... I have pretty much tried everything I'd want to try. I eat tofu and I like it. That is pretty adventurous, wouldn't you say? I have eaten sushi, but not the kind with the fish in it. I ate calamari but I thought it was awful. I will try just about anything, at least a small bite. But right now there are no new foods I am curious about. 

11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they've done you or to seek forgiveness from someone that you've wronged in any way?

I am a pretty forgiving person... all someone really has to do is smile at me, and I forgive them... so I think it is harder for me to seek forgiveness. I get too scared and embarrassed. 

 12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium?
Do you really want to hear this story? OK fine. It was 1999. I was living in a studio apartment. My brother Tony and his friend J. were staying with me. I had just come back from the Community Mental Health Center, where I had been prescribed antidepressants for the first time. Tony and J. were saying they were going to a party later that day. I asked to go with, because I knew this was an exciting New Years Eve (being the end of the world and all) and I didn't want to be alone. Tony and J. said they had some things to do but they'd come back and get me before they went to the party.

Well, I waited and waited, and they never came! I was really upset, and I ended up falling asleep and sleeping right through midnight.
Later on I found out that the "party" Tony and J. had gone to wasn't really the kind of party I would have liked. 
Tony called me in the middle of the night to tell me that J. had beaten him up. He warned me that J. was probably on his way home, and not to let him in. But I felt like some part of that story was fishy, and J. didn't seem like a particularly violent person. So when J. showed up I let him in. He told me that Tony had actually overdosed on heroine at the party, and his "beating Tony up" was really him putting Tony in a bathtub of ice and trying to revive him. Which, apparently worked. 
Aren't you glad you asked???

13. What else around here have you noticed? 

Not much. Never been here before. :D

So there are my 13 unlucky answers! And now, I will go back to my ever exciting task of trying to reorganize my bedroom. 

5 comments :

  1. Your answer to #5 makes complete sense to me. It would be awkward from a friend. (Welcome to Sunday Stealing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I positively LOVE your answer to #3. I like your attitude and the way you look at life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Bud & Sunday Stealing is a blog that I started years ago. It's always great to get new players! So thanks for joining in... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I like Sunday Stealing. I get to read stuff, I wouldn't normally come across. I have been asking the same question to a lot of participants this week. Do you ever stop to think, that someone might consider you to have been their bully in school, even without you realizing it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. #8 most of the times I like to keep myself quiet

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!