Adsense

.

.

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Neurodiversity Awareness/Appreciation

Friday, April 5, 2013

I Am An Alien!

Hi, it's me, Angel! I am an alien. I have a Tumblr blog, Diaryofanalien.tumblr com, and I may still cross post there, but I started missing Blogger and all you can do with backgrounds and widgets and junk. I sure love widgets!
 I don't feel like explaining my whole life story and everything... maybe later... but I want to start this blog on the right note, so I will start by answering 49 questions about me. These questions are patched together from several different memes available online in various places. Please read them all. There will be a quiz at the end. Just kidding. Or am I?


1 When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I still like my haircut! I should always keep it this way, short and with bangs. I used to wear it long, parted on the side, with no bangs, but I started looking a little like Captain Cave Man!
2. How much cash do you have on you?
About $20 I think?
3. Favorite planet?
Pluto. Even though they say it is not a planet. When I was a kid I thought I was from there.
4. What are you wearing?
Paisley shirt, purple hoody sweatshirt with fleece on the inside, and corduroys. Pretty standard outfit for me!
5 Do you label yourself?
Sure, I label myself. I would rather label myself or choose my labels, than accept the negative labels other people try to give me!
6 Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
I’m not wearing shoes. My socks are from K-Mart. My Nona bought them for me. xxxxxx”
7. at’s a word that you say a lot?
I work with children with special needs, and today I realized that I frequently say, “That’s a good idea!” Really a whole lot.
8.Last furry thing you touched?
One of my dogs, Trixie, who is sitting next to me. Before that, my other dog, tiny little Lily!
9. University – good times or bad?
Neutral. I was unable to go to college right after high school… I started going part time when I was 22, using my Americorps voucher. I worked during the day and went to community college at night. Later I transferred to a four-year-college and went full time for a few years, but by then I was like a decade older than all of the other students. So its not like I had any wild times in college. But I was glad for the chance to go, and proud of finally getting a Bachelor’s Degree!
10. What is your current desktop picture?
My dogs and my cat (Sammy-Joe, who died in February of cancer at the old age of 13, God rest his kitty soul) lying on the couch together. Sammy and Lily didn’t get along, so it was a rare picture to find them all on the same piece of furniture!
11.. The last song you listened to?
I was in my dad’s car coming home from going out to dinner. Some weird oldies song was on. He buys the strangest CDs. I don’t know what song it was but the lyrics went, “Spank my ass!” over and over again!
.
12.. Are you jealous of anyone?
I’m jealous of teachers who got their teaching degree and then immediately found a job, without having to languish in an aide job like I have been doing, or subbing like my cousin had to do after he got his Masters degree! Teaching jobs are scarce… budget cuts and all that!
13. Is anyone jealous of you?
How should I know?
14. Do you consider yourself kind?
I try to be. People tell me I am. In fact at my job they say I’m not mean enough to the kids.
15. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
I have one on my calf!
16. Are you touchy-feely?
It depends. I don’t really like people touching me at all… even hugging family members feels weird to me… but when I am around little kids I always find myself being touchy-feely. Uh… don’t take that the wrong way. I mean, like, patting their backs or the tops of their heads, holding their hands, accepting their hugs, not minding if they sit on me. Little kids hugging me barely ever bothers me. Also I love to hug and pet animals!
17. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I run an organization called Tori Joy’s Smiles, and we send cheerful mail to kids who are going through rough situations… so I Actually write letters on paper and mail them all the time! Sometimes sixty a week!
18. Did you ever smoke a cigarette? 
Yes, I tried a couple times as a teenager, but it grossed me out.
19. Have you ever owned a gun?
No and probably never will!

20. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic?
My favorite is limeade with cherry!
21. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Yes, and I generally try to avoid them. It’s the whole “not liking to be touched” thing. If I am sick I tend to go to Urgent Care, where they are much less hands on… they just look at your throat and hand you a prescription!
22. What do you think of hot dogs?
I am working towards being a vegetarian and so I don’t really eat hot dogs as of late… but when I do I like them Chicago style. No ketchup!

23. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
As of late I’ve been drinking a lot of smoothies. I also often drink chocolate milk in the morning when I take my medicine.


24. What’s your favorite hobby?
Blogging, I guess… and Tori Joy’s Smiles.
25. Do you work with people who idolize you?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH no. Not currently. They think I am not strict enough with the kids. L

26. Do you have A.D.H.D.?
Yes I do! A very severe case of it, in fact!\

27. What is one trait that you dislike about yourself?
Being too emotional. I get sad  way too easily. I am also not good at hiding my emotions. If I am upset, I will most likely be bawling. That seems to annoy people.

28. Name 3 thoughts at this moment.
I am so full.
Why is my small dog poking me in the leg with her nose over and over again?
What is on TV tonight? Probably nothing.

29. Current worry?
That I won’t be able to find a job in the fall! 
3o. How did you ring in New Years?
I stayed home with my dogs and cat (who was still living at the time.) I watched movies, ate junk food, and protected my pets from the fireworks! I used to feel bad that I wasn’t going to a party or something, but then I realized… a super crowded party would be too loud and overwhelming for me, whereas a small, quiet gathering would be boring. So might as well be at home with my best buds!

31. Where would you like to go?
Right now, to California to see my brother and sister-in-law and my soon-to-be-born nephew!


32. Favorite colors?
Red and purple.

36. Last thing that made you laugh?
Me and my dad were in the restaurant, and we were talking about the pain of making accidental, awkward eye contact with other people in the restaurant. The tables were so close together, you could reach out and touch your fellow diners, so it was hard not to exchange glances with them! Okay, its not all that funny… but it was making us laugh!


37. Worst injury you ever had?
I jumped into a car once. Literally jumped… I was racing my friend’s kids through the parking lot to their car. For some reason the padding thing was gone from the inside of the door, I jumped up and bashed my head on it, and cut my head open! I had to get staples! It was weird but really not as painful as it sounds.

39. Do you love where you live?
No it is too cold, and not enough nature.


 40. Favorite candy?
Kit-Kats.
41. Favorite sports team?
White Sox.

42. Song you want played at your funeral?
“Ripple” by the Grateful Dead.

43. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
I DON’T WANT TO GO TO WORK!
44. Do you nap a lot?
When I can! I am a night person but my work requires me to get up early, so my sleep schedule is kind of messed up.. . I stay up too late, get extremely tired after work take a nap, become wide awake, and stay up too late again! 
45. What was the last thing you cooked?
I made egg salad the other day. 
46. Can you sing?
Kinda! I probably wouldn’t be in a choir or anything, but I sing to myself when I’m happy, and I sing to kids a lot! 
47. Can you dance?
Not at all. I have a sense of rhythm, but I’m just so physically awkward, I have no idea what I’m doing when I try to dance!
48. Can you swim?
Not so well. I do like to snorkel a little. But I still get nervous when I can’t touch the ground. Being in cold water tends to make me all asthma-y!
49. Have you ever had your foot run over by an SUV while hitchhiking with your brother in California?
Yes, I made up this question. I doubt you’d find it in any meme. But the answer is, yes. Yes I did. And it did not hurt. 

That's enough for now! I hope you liked my first blog post. Peace, I'm out. 

1 comment :

  1. Now I have a better insight to who you are....awesome...from Master William's aunt (Donna)

    ReplyDelete

All SPAM will be deleted immediately, so don't even bother!
If you have a Blogger profile set to allow email replies, I will reply through email! If not, I often reply in the comments section, so please check back.
Go ahead and tell me what you really think! I won't get mad!